Design Skills Training
Integreat Plus has worked throughout Yorkshire and the Humber to support council officers and elected members to deliver high quality place-based ambitions for the region. Through inviting speakers from our panel of experts to deliver each session Integreat Plus can ensure that the information presented is current, relevant and based on best practice.
For each training session Integreat Plus selects members from its expert panel that have the most relevant expertise to suit the needs of the session.
“Working with Integreat Plus was the best thing we ever did, they just knew where we were coming from and made our day really flow.
Great professionalism bundled up in flexibility and affability really got the best out of our disparate bunch. And we had fun too!”
Incredible Edible, Todmorden
Outcomes of Design Skills Training
- To bring together design experts with local government to achieve a step change in design thinking and awareness.
- Encourage longer term thinking about place.
- To embed design quality awareness into the culture of local government and third sector organisations.
- Provide an opportunity to address entrenched thinking, tackling issues that resonate at both local and national levels.
- Help local government to deliver efficiently, whilst ensuring the needs of local populations can be met in new ways.
- Support decision makers to apply design methods to tackle challenges.
- Build understanding of the value that design can bring to improving public health, safety, cohesion and sense of place.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge back into councils, enabling teams to embed learning back into their organisations.